- Arbeitsleben Ausbildung Ausland Autos und Motorräder Bank und Finanzen Bauen Biotechnik Chemieindustrie Comics Computer Elektronik Energie Essen und Lebensmittel Familie Fotografie
- Freizeit Gartenbau Gesundheit Handel Handwerk und Basteln Haustiere Hilfeleistungen und Ehrenamtlichkeit Immobilien Informationstechnologie Innenausstattung Kultur und Kunst Landschaft Landwirtschaft lianapress.de eigene Mitteilungen Lifestyle
- Logistik und Verkehr Luftfahrt Marketing Media Metallindustrie Militär Musik und Entertainment National Papierindustrie Planung und Technik Politik Produktion Recht Regierung und Staat Reisen
- Religion Sicherheit Softwareindustrie Soziale Fragen Sport Telekommunikation Umwelt und Natur Verlagstätigkeit Versicherung Werbung Wirtschaft Wissenschaft
Startseite » Pressemitteilungen » Wissenschaft » The EUCNC conference presents the results of global 5G development
The EUCNC conference presents the results of global 5G development
Published: 06-Jun-2017 01:00 pm
Publisher: University of Oulu
The 5G-themed international EUCNC2017 conference will be held in Oulu, Finland, from 12 to 15 June. The conference presents a wide range of 5G latest trends and research results. The conference will open the content of the European ICT Research Agenda for future years, as well as present the most important and topical EU-funded 5G projects. The world-wide major scientific conference is hosted by the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) of the University of Oulu.
Supported by the European Commission, the 26th EUCNC, European Conference on Networks and Communications will bring together over 500 top executives and experts from the global 5G research and industry. The event center is the monumental area around Oulu Market place consisting of the Oulu City Theater, the Oulu City Library and the Radisson Blu Oulu Hotel.
"The theme of the conference, 5G - European Roadmap, Global Impact, emphasizes the global impact of the event. For Finland, hosting the conference is a unique opportunity to pave the way for the 5G development. The event, for example, demonstrates for the first time the services developed for the 5G networks through the 5G test network built in Oulu," reports Academy Professor Matti Latva-aho from the Center for Wireless Communications (CWC) Research Unit at the University of Oulu.
The program features five keynote speeches, three panel discussions and nearly 200 scientific lectures. In addition, Oulu City Theater is home to a demonstration of about 40 exhibition booths.
"All the major equipment manufacturers will be represented. Industry has a strong presence in both demo show as well as keynote and panel sessions”, Latva-aho says.
The opening addresses for the conference will be given by Tekes President Pekka Soini, the Finnish Minister of Communications and Transport Anne Berner and Director of EU DG Connect Pearse O'Donohue.
On the day before the official opening, Tekes hosts a workshop specifically targeted at companies, which will be held on Monday 12 June at the University of Oulu, Linnanmaa campus. There are also eight other workshops and four tutorial intensive courses available for the registered participants for the EUCNC 2017 at the university at the time.
In addition to Tekes and Oulu, the event partners include Nokia, Huawei, Ericsson, Keysight, Rohde & Schawarz and National Instruments.
The conference has an IEEE conference status, and all peer-reviewed presentations are published in IEEE Explorer data base.
Academy Professor Matti Latva-aho, University of Oulu, Centre for Wireless Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 294 48 28 47
Coordinator Eija Pajunen, University of Oulu, Centre for Wireless Communications, email@example.com, +358 50 368 6806
* * * * * * * * * *
EuCNC 2017 is the 26th edition of a successful series of a technical conference in the field of telecommunications, supported by the European Commission. The conference focuses on aspects like 5G communications systems and networks, cloud platforms, management technologies, and applications and services. It targets to bring together researchers from all over the world to present the latest research results, and it is one of the main venues for showcasing, demonstrating and trialling the results of research projects, especially, from successive European R&D programmes co-financed by the European Commission.
This edition of the conference is organised by the University of Oulu / Centre for Wireless Communications, via the Coordination and Support Action EuConNeCts2, Project H2020-ICT-2014-1/645 028.
Andere Pressemitteilungen des Herausgebers
Newest of the category
- 07.06.2017 14:15Tolnagro Ltd becomes the official distributor of Provet Cloud veterinary practice management solution in Hungary
- 06.06.2017 13:00The EUCNC conference presents the results of global 5G development
- 15.05.2017 13:30The Royal (Dick) School Of Veterinary Studies chose Provet Cloud practice management system